Practical Skills Enhancement Workshop – Sindh Assembly Secretariat
SUBAI Pakistan successfully organized a three-day skills enhancement workshop on Minutes and Reports Writing for the Secretariat officials and staff of the Sindh Provincial Assembly in early February, 2018. The objective of the workshop was to enhance the professionalization of the Assembly Secretariat tasked with providing support to the Assembly Committees.
The workshop covered the following areas:
- Sensitization of participants about the role and objectives of parliamentary committees.
- Effective ways of writing reports and minutes of meetings.
- Sharing examples of national and international best practices regarding the functioning of parliamentary committees to enhance their performance.
- Effective presentation skills, record handling and research skills for better functioning of standing committees.
- Efficient methods of transcribing notes, consolidation of data and preparation of memos.
- Knowledge-sharing of minutes and reports writing templates in place in the Senate of Pakistan.
A large number of senior Secretariat staff members representing various branches of the Assembly Secretariat participated in the training. The event provided a truly participatory opportunity for the participants to interact and deepen their understanding of the effective and efficient ways of writing reports and minutes of meetings.
The Honourable Deputy Speaker of Sindh Assembly, Ms. Shehla Raza, also attended the event. She appreciated SUBAI’s efforts in providing such practical learning opportunities for the Secretariat staff to strengthen parliamentary committees in Sindh Assembly. She also encouraged and was delighted to see the vibrant enthusiasm and learning outcomes of the participants attending the workshop which would be very useful in improving their skills.